Summer is coming to an end, as are my continuous precious days with my little ones. In the midst of a long year of staying at home the days do not always feel so precious. We went for a lovely stroll this afternoon and I didn't mind when Caiden filled the bin on his bike with loose straw to spread on the road. I didn't mind when Adyson decided to park the stroller on the side of the road and not continue pushing it, we could pick it up on the way back.
It was a beautiful afternoon. The military jets were flying which gave us a chance to talk about the open house and all the jets we saw. Adyson remembers being scared and getting ear plugs.
I was excited that Caiden brought his bike all the way to the road; last year he would have chosen to bring it, and then beggged me to drag it to the pavement. Today, he dragged it, rode it, filled it, emptied it and dragged it back without a single complaint! My how big he is...has it only been 4 years?And that bike...the one that my grandma gave him last summer. Grandma is now gone, just as I was thinking how nice that her gift is being enjoyed, Caiden asked who gave it to him ( a common question from him) I answered, Ma-ma-ma, with a touch of sadness; she chose the perfect bike for a small farm boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment