Today we did a few things. Ady worked on her sight words. Instead of laying them out on the table, I decided to lay them on the floor and see what she would do. She liked that immediately. She jumped to each one and read them a couple of times, then she just jumped on them. I asked her jump and stop at one that I would say, she did that a couple of times. I think she played for about 10 minutes with them.
Then she wanted to play with Shaving cream. I spelled her nick name. She hasn't really figured out that she could draw in the cream. She would rather scoop it off the table and pile it in a bowl.
This afternoon we did a bible lesson. "My feet belong to Jesus" They have been studying the armor of God in Sunday school so we talked about shoes of peace and using our feet for kind deeds. We made cardboard and string "feet" to illustrate walking intentionally. They said that it was hard...I responded, "it takes practice just like walking in the ways of Christ takes practice." (I really should give myself advice once in awhile!)
After walking in our "happy feet" I made bath tub paint found on the crafty crow blog. It consists of soap, cornstarch and food coloring. The kids put on their swimsuits and headed into the shower. Since we have a large shower with doors I thought this would give much more space for my little picassos. Plus the wind was howling quite madly today and I thought of them sitting in a cold porcelain tub upstairs did not sound very humane.
And so, that was our day! It is snowing and blowing outside and my dear husband is trying to move wheel lines hoping the wind will stop blowing them around!
2 comments:
Sounds like a great day.
I could use a lesson in walking in the ways of Christ as well.... It is good to see when the kids are getting it better than we are :)
And we, fortunately, haven't had a snow storm in a month. We are down to just one mound of snow in the shady part of the backyard.
I'm also a fan of Crafty Crow (& found you via Mom Unplugged). last night we did a really fun family worship - and I just blogged it - if you're interested:
http://funmajors.blogspot.com/2008/05/family-worship.html
Post a Comment