Sunday, October 7, 2007

does it Pop?


Last year we went to Idaho to celebrate Thanksgiving with family. During the celebration some birthday balloons popped and scared little Ady like nothing before. She cried and cried and cried, and since then....11 months later, she is still scared of balloons.
We made another trip to Idaho this summer and the 4 cousins got balloons in the restaurant..even Ady. When we got to the hot car however, her cousins' balloon touched the hot car and popped just as we were loading into car seats...it was all over.
Recently, we were at a community theatre show, very relaxed and casual, Ady looked behind me and saw a teenage boy chewing gum...she immediately dug her head into my shoulder and said..."That boy is going to pop!" Thankfully he didn't.
so far, she is terrified of three things..
1. loud jets/planes...we live near an air base, and on farm land where crop dusting is a normal occurrence.
2. balloons...which happen to be all over the place wherever anyone expects children to be. and 3. chewing gum...good thing we aren't really a gum chewing family...although I happen to think this one is the most comical, I've never thought of being scared of bubble gum
...the irony is that she loves to go outside and blow bubbles, but I guess soap bubbles don't make a popping sound.
I kept saving this draft thinking I would wait until I had a cute picture of Ady with something that pops, but it never seems to happen...imagine that!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin