Over the weekend we went to the Medford area to pick peaches. We got there 15 minutes after they opened...waited about 40 minutes to get into the orchard. I think they were about to start turning people away when we finally got in.
It took about an hour to pick 200 pounds of Glohavens. Then we loaded the van and it took about an hour to get checked out and finally out. But, we got 200 pounds!
Erika and I spent two 1/2 days canning peaches. We ended up with 56 quarts, leaving us each with quite a few to turn into piepacks and other various peach treats.
I enjoyed my time canning with Erika. Our kids did amazingly well. We did have two canners setup which helped greatly with our productivity! I am looking forward to the winter treats of home canned peaches!
2 comments:
I'm still in the trenches with peaches. I got 166 pounds just me. I hope I have plenty for this year and next because I already canned 48 quarts, and 18 half pints of jelly and I have more! SO TIRED OF PEACHES. I will be thankful this winter though. :)
wow!! that's a lot of peaches! that is great! I am mucho impressed! I thought I was doing good making nectarine jam from 25#.. I'm working on my tomatoes, though.. doing 30# today..next week 30# more..
Post a Comment