Here's how our schedule is looking for now!
6am Mommy up. coffee, quiet time
7, mommy out of shower, kids up and doing morning chores
8ish breakfast
9-10: kids work on individual work.
Spelling, Copywork, Memory,
(Mommy works on housework nearby and helps with directions when needed)
Break:10-20 minutes
10:15 Language Lessons (grammar)
10:30 Bible
11:00 Math/Reading Lessons. (reading lessons are done individually with mom, so we trade off)
12:00 Lunch
12:30 Silent reading
1:00 Quiet time in rooms
2:00 History or Science, finish any leftover stuff
2:30ish DONE! :)
So far, This is good, I get to utilize my best energy to get some housework/ food prep done in the morning while they work on becoming independent learners with me nearby. The day is probably about 2 hours longer than we worked last year...we shall see if we can keep it up! It is a bit of a change, but necessary in order to do all we want to accomplish.
The afternoons are up for grabs. We still do our main meal at lunch, so dinner is often small and not time consuming. We can have playdates, make our library runs and go for long walks/ bike rides in the afternoon.
Another change this year is that with the almost disappearance of naps, I have backed up bedtime to 7:30 instead of 8ish. Although they have quiet time still, I don't forsee them sleeping during that time a whole lot. They end up with good pet time. One will take the kitty and one the puppy, which is great for each of them.
2 comments:
Great to read your schedule. It looks like a jammed packed day full of learning and fun. Thanks for sharing and keep those homeschool updates coming!
you are so organized! good way to be able to get what you need to get done and have fun with kids..I need to do something like that, I think..
Post a Comment