Last week I bought marinated chicken breasts from one of the local meat shops. When I opened them up, they were huge! so I cut them into four pieces and butterflied them, pounded them and then blackened them. I haven't ever blackened chicken before. I order chicken that way all the time in restaurants, but hadn't ever thought to do it at home. A few clicks around the internet later, I was set! I used a bottle of Grill Mates seasoning, and my trusty cast iron skillet. It was simple and smelled sooo good.
I then sliced the chicken and put it on top of penne noodles with Alfredo sauce (out of the jar) It was sooo delicious! There was so much chicken in those two huge breasts that I will have enough for one or two more meals. It would be awesome in a salad of course (if I ate salad!) It might land in enchiladas, or even a pot pie might be yummy, those seasonings will add a lovely kick to anything!
I am pretty sure that some of the yumminess has to do with the quality of the meat, I think it is well worth a couple extra bucks for the better quality, I will definitely be buying them again!
No comments:
Post a Comment