Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Whose seal do you have?

A week or so ago, my mom said that Harry and David's in Medford had pears for .10/pound. Since we were headed over anyway we planned an extra stop there. We picked up 20 pounds for a friend and about 35 for us.  (do your math....that's $3.50 for ours).   Yesterday the pears were definitely ripe enough and I had a free afternoon with the kids at bible club. My farmer had agreed to be the "peeler/corer".  He did a fantastic job!  We got two batches of seven quarts done.  He graciously watched the second batch while it boiled away in the water bath, while I headed off to my women's bible study.  They all sealed and turned out lovely!  I'm sure I will be wishing that we had gotten even more, but am going to appreciate our 14 quarts for $3.50....a good deal, I say!



We are studying Ephesians at our Bible Study.  Verse 1:13  seems appropriate here:

In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 

A note from Andrew Wommacks Commentary on Ephesians for this verse:
At salvation we receive a brand new spirit . It is free from sin and totally pure. Then we are immediately sealed by the Holy Spirit (this verse). That's like vacuum packing or canning food for the purpose of preservation. A barrier is formed to keep sin out and retain the purity of our born-again spirit. When a Christian sins, it is in the soulish and physical realm. The born-again spirit  doesn't participate. It cannot sin (1 Jn. 3:9).

I love this reminder about God's promise and his beautiful plan. (Eph. 1:10) I love that I have the seal of the Holy Spirit and because of that I belong to the King, and the spirit is keeping me safe until delivery.  LOVE IT!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin