Thursday, February 2, 2012

Science Lab: Carbon Dioxide

Today's lab used coke bottles, baking soda, vinegar, and a quickly placed balloon, to catch carbon dioxide.
The kids still love science days, and science labs.  YAY!


 Carbon dioxide created from the baking soda and vinegar was caught in the balloons, which caused them to expand. Cool stuff!  In their notebooks, the kids draw pictures of the lab, then answer 4 questions. What did we use? What did we do? What happened? And What did we learn?  They seem to like the whole process, so, I guess it works out all around!  The book we are using for our lab experiments is Adventures With Atoms. I love it because the necessary ingredients are usually found in my kitchen...although I did have to specifically look for the glass coke bottles (which have been used for two labs, so far.)

This one is before editing. Spelling and grammar did get fixed.  I thought her pictures were pretty good though.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin