Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ahh food!

I am trying some mix recipes from an old cookbook on my shelf.  On my last post I wrote about the mexican meat.  This time I am trying out a muffin mix.  Typically, I buy one muffin mix each week when I shop so that one morning during that week, we can eat yummy muffins.  I decided to try the muffin mix from the make a mix cookery since I have quite a few ingredients around that work as additions. (And need to be used up)  Such as poppy seeds in the freezer, frozen cranberries (from two Thanksgivings ago) frozen blueberries.  All three are the staple in our favorite muffins.  So....Make a basic mix, add the good stuff, and away we go!


 I made cranberry sauce in the slow cooker during lunch.  2 bags of cranberries (pick out the icky ones) plus 1/2 c. water, 1/2 sugar, a squirt of lemon juice. Leave them on high for an hour or two. Smoosh up with a potato masher, voila! Cranberry sauce. I plan to use about half a cup in a muffin recipe.

This morning was cranberry muffin day!
I mixed up the mix and added the cranberry sauce.


Put it in the muffin tin.

 voila! yummy cranberry muffins!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin