The kids and I took a little time in our school day to do some harvesting. Visiting our own pumpkin patch, we harvested 18 pumpkins which are now spread happily around the house.
Caiden brought his pocket knife with him and enjoyed cutting several on his own.
We harvested a few zucchini, and tossed a few giant ones. maybe we will continue to get these until frost, I have not made much bread, need to get on that! :) I plan to include some fresh zucchini in our pasta dish today...the kids won't be thrilled, but I'm sure life will go on!
We brought our "loot" back to the house and spread the pumpkins around. Then went out and picked tomatoes. There are still plenty on the plants. This batch however should keep me busy this weekend. MORE sauce! yum. I did get 7 quarts done last weekend with our own tomatoes. We'll see how many I get from from this batch.
No comments:
Post a Comment