Ady turned 8 in October. I know, I'm a little late writing her birthday post, but...at least I didn't write about anything ELSE in the meantime...right?
Ady asked for fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and ice box dessert for her bday meal. Instead of slaving over hot frying oil, I ordered her favorite chicken from our local diner...they served up fabulous chicken which I brought home and we all devoured appreciatively. (and our house didn't have to smell of hot oil for a week!) Ice box dessert, I think this is her second birthday enjoying this treat. I love it, I can make it ahead and it simply waits for the big day, and there is always enough to enjoy again the next day! Smart girl, that eight year old!
Next up, presents. Since we celebrated a couple of days late to accomodate grandparents. She did get a couple of gifts ON her birthday. The rest she patiently saved for family birthday celebration time.
Girly legos...now she can play legos with her brother without having to plead for his "leftovers". The kicker was that one of her "mystery" lego people was a robot/resembling darth vader. Apparently her brother's mystery people at Christmas were girls....Good times over this surprise!
A book light for my girl who reads constantly...now she can read in the car! She also received horse riding boots from Grandma and Grandpa prior to her birthday...no pictures have surfaced yet!
Ady got some money from long distance relatives and also was saving money from her fair winnings. She faithfully saved until we took our family trip to Disneyland.
She has been wanting to go to build a bear for some time now. So, she spent her birthday money here. A pink bear, named precious, dressed as Rapunzel. So far, they are good friends!

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment