Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New space

So far, our homeschool materials are fitting nicely into the new space.
A good portion of our time is spent in the dining room at the table.



This is a wall in the dining room, it is home to our Story of the World timeline, (I used 3m small hooks to hang the string, I also use 3m poster hangers and sticky tack to avoid making holes in our lovely new walls.)maps, and math facts. The kids love coloring their maps and I am enjoying this approach to history. We are spending this whole first year on ancient times. This week we are studying Abraham and Joseph.
These shelves are indispensable. They hold our activity buckets which are divided by subject and kiddo. They also hold our subject binders and our daily work.
We have several magazine subscriptions, I think magazine holders are terribly expensive in the stores, so I have started to use cereal boxes. They work like a charm. With a little packing tape to reinforce some corners and a label, we are set to go within a few minutes.
Books, books, and more books.
Our day starts on the couch with Bible, stories, and phonics lessons. I have three baskets here that keep our morning materials. and easily slip under the coffee table to "hide" the rest of the day. basket 1: phonics, history text, and library books. basket 2: bible, devotionals. basket 3: phonics readers and other independent reading books, current children's magzines.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin