Last week we took a field trip to see the Dogs for the Deaf in Central Point Oregon. It was great!!! And just a side note...if your family is looking to adopt a dog and you don't mind letting someone else who knows the dog, pair you up? Apply for one of their "dropouts" all their dogs are rescue dogs and have great health care and training, worth looking into!!
After our tour, we bought t shirts at the gift shop. The kids got to color their own and it was really really easy and NOT messy!! They love them.
After Dogs for the Deaf, we detoured to Grants Pass to check out cargo containers. We are needing storage space up at our new place. So our plan is to bring in a cargo container and build a car port off of it. Here, Kevin is building the forms for the cement pad. The truck comes tomorrow morning!! yipee!! I can hardly wait for storage (besides the old house!).
We have been making LOTS of pizza lately. It is scrumptious. Kevin and I like opposite ingredients and the kids are sold on plain cheese. And so...a little patience and creativity in the building process in necessary!
I have started a frayed edge denim quilt. I have never made a quilt before. I asked Erika to help me. She has been talking me through it over the phone. My idea came about due to a stack of old jeans that weren't good enough for goodwill. Joanne's in town happened to have flannel on sale over the holiday weekend...perfect timing. And so, in the picture above you can see my 240 cut pieces for my 40 block quilt.
Here, I have the denim and flannel paired (for front and back of the quilt). This is a fabulous quilt project for me to start on. I am NOT a perfectionist and after pairing the denim and flannel it became obvious that my attention to detail is lacking in the cutting department. I did have a ton of fun using the rotary cutter though! Thankfully, with the frayed edges in the final product, hopefully it will all come out "in the wash" so to speak ☺. Yesterday I went to Erika's to learn how to sew the blocks together and then sew them into strips. I sewed 5 blocks and one strip yesterday. Today, I have gotten 3 more strips done...so I am halfway through the current step. Today was more interesting because I am using Kevin's grandmother's machine and learning all sorts of things as I read the book. He replaced the power cord for me yesterday and it seems to be humming along beautifully. Most of our "disputes" have been based on user error. and Erika hasn't been here to save my bacon!! ♥
I am also in the middle of two very entertaining books. If You Can't Lose it, Decorate It
No comments:
Post a Comment