Monday, April 25, 2011

A Good Morning

I know some of you wonder how we pull off our day.  I have posted before about different schedules that I try to keep.  This morning was a particularly smooth morning. (at least so far.)  I have been making some purposeful choices about how we start our morning.  Since the responsibility for the tone of the house really does rest on me.  (As much as I don't always like this truth, it is truth.) And so.... a smooth morning in our house looks something like this.

Mom up: about 6:30  coffee and quiet time with Jesus.  I just started working on When a Woman Trusts GodBeautiful Things Happen When a Woman Trusts God
Kids awake in rooms, maybe reading. 6:30
Kids out, Mom fixing simple breakfast: 7:00
breakfast done, daddy and kids doing dishes, mom shower: 7:30
kids chores
Dad, kids, dogs go for walk: 8:00
Mom housekeeping, begin lunch prep  8:00
Kids back from walk, continue with chores. 9:00
School begins, about 9:30

This doesn't mean that everyday looks like this, but I have noticed that our best days begin this way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin