I love earth science. It is so fun to learn how what we see aligns with what we read in the Bible.
A few weeks ago, we did a flood in a jar experiment. The kids filled a large jar with dirt, grass, rocks, gravel, and water. Then we watched it for a few days to see what would happen. Guess what? The heavy stuff settled first, some grass stuff was in between, some floated, and each layer settled accordingly. Which amazingly enough resembles many areas around our world where there are layers just like this. Those layers are not made through millions of years of wind and rain and storms, but through the cataclysmic action of a world wide flood and what results after.... so much fun!
1 comment:
I love your connection to the flood! I used to do these with high school students. We used them to determine how much sand, silt and clay were in the soil and it helped us determine the soil type or name. Looks like fun!
Post a Comment