Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A little homeschool tour

Two weeks until I plan to officially begin our year of school at home.  I thought I'd take you on a little tour of how we use our space.  This is the view as you come in the front door. On the left is a set of shelves with school stuff and I am using the counter on the right and a couple of shelves for supplies.

This is the shelf unit on the left in the entry. Memory work is on top. Then Ady's box of daily workbooks, and caiden's box.  On the lower shelf are the big binders for Science, History, and Language, this is where copywork, maps and loose pages end up and are compiled into smaller binders/folders at the end of the year.
This is the right side of the entry.  paper, pencils, sharpeners, stickers, borrowed items from resource center, glue, batteries, power cords, important stuff :)


Kid desk. I think we will get at least one more year out of it. Caiden is growing so tall, I don't know how much longer he will fit!  We also do a LOT of work at the dining table.

My desk.  Teacher's manuals and supplies on the upper shelves. I am trying out a new planning strategy this year, I got a homeschool plannerWell Planned Day Family Homeschool Planner, July 2011 - June 2012 that has all kinds of great pages and tools in it, so I am hoping that it will help me keep my many lists in one place!

These are the shelves at the end of the hall by the kids rooms. The cabinet stores games and crafts. The large cabinet holds future curriculum, binder collections, photo albums, reference materials, classic books and more reading materials.


And so there you have most of our space! Hope you enjoyed seeing how we put the "stuff" together.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin