Saturday, October 18, 2008

BFFs

The BFFs in Portland at Women of Faith.

I had great intentions of taking lots of pictures and having this funny blog post about all our stops. Alas, I have one picture of us, and one picture of her adorable family. We had a wonderful time last weekend. We were inseparable in highschool and most of college. Then came marriages, babies, divorce, marriage, babies, moving in between all these things. Now we finally get to spend a whole weekend together...we are still so much alike and have so much fun together.

As I was chatting with her while she packed last Thursday she was looking for her favorite jeans. I told her about my rush to finish laundry so I could of course bring my favorite jeans. When she holds hers up...they are exactly (I mean even down to the cute pockets) the same as mine (only a different number, but that's not open for discussion here.) The next morning as we are doing the bathroom shuffle at her brother's place, I look down to see two matching deoderants....is that even possible? Then the toothpaste...then our thoughts throughout the conference.

As the weekend came to a close and we were soaking in her grandfathers' hot tub we realized that God had been teaching us very similar lessons recently and used the conference to confirm and teach us more deeply. We have agreed to challenge one another in these areas and to pray for one another. After all, if we pick out the same deoderant after 20 years of friendship, I guess we just may have the same struggles and be able to pray very succinctly for the other.
after all...that's what friends are for!
Nora, Zacharia, Kevin, Justin, Jenessa
(if you are new to the story of Nora and I...you'll love the fact that we are also both married to a Kevin.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin