Saturday, October 18, 2008

a few fall chores


I was a bit inspired today. The sun is shining and it is a beautiful fall day. I started by cleaning my kitchen. All the cupboards and containers and window sill...vacuming the edges..cleaning the toaster oven (yuck!) now it is all nice and shiny. Then while Ady was helping daddy with some pipe, Caiden and I went for a walk. After that, I decided it was indeed finally time to clean the kiddie pool and I did! When I went to lift the tarp from under the pool, a few bugs and beetles and frogs jumped around. So I called Caiden out to see the frogs. This provided probably a half hour of entertainment for him. Until he put one on his sister who screamed bloody murder! I thought something real was wrong, but it was just a jumping frog had landed on her leg!! what fun boys and girls are!


The exciting new fall chore is irrigating the new road! The excavator told us last week that we needed some rain so we could pack the dirt then we would be able to add sand and rock and stuff to actually make a real road. Well, around here, if we wait for the rain, it will be winter and then it will be mud. So, since farmer husband had not winterized the pumps yet and the reservoir was not drained, we are now raining on our own road! Exciting stuff!!! We are however at a stand still waiting for the surveyors to finish their part and submit to the planning people...then we will be able to start applying for permits and get a well drilled, and, and and...this is all very new to me and I'm hoping God will continue to open the doors as we need to go through them.
The kids have had a lovely day. They have dug into toys that they haven't used for awhile. They started the day with playdoh...I think I'll hide that for another long while!!! Then caiden got into the drawer of paper and ink stamps...that was fun. then he traced cookie cutters and cut dinosaur shapes out. Ady dug out her Dora dance video and Caiden his spiderman exercise video, then the costumes. All in all, a nice day of "new old" things to do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin