So..just out of Oakridge, which is kind of half-way, this tired mommy needed a break. I saw a fish hatchery sign and followed it. The road was short and the hatchery was a blast!! It was beautifully landscaped (plus it was a beautiful afternoon). The kids got to feed the fish. Gotta love the handful of miniature dog food for a quarter! (And in case you're wondering...hand sanitizer does NOT take that dog food smell away.)
The highlight of the day, after the great big white sturgeon was this great turkey. There was a game bird section where there was one bird in each pen. The first pen had a turkey that at first just looked at us. Then Caiden gobbled at it and it gobbled back. We all jumped and laughed, he was really loud! Caiden and Ady and the turkey had a loooong conversation and I was cracking up the entire time, I'm sure he was telling Caiden something really important.
We thoroughly enjoyed this impromptu stop. After the turkey gobbling, we went and saw the rest of the fish, and wandered by the miniature golf. (there is a nine hole, educational golf course, I conveniently did NOT draw their attention to it...boring mommy!) Next was a dash across the area to a potty for Adyson. Then a wander through the museum where there were stuffed wild animals and a large fish tank. A great place. We plan to take daddy back there soon and spend an afternoon. There also was a nice picnic area and wonderful shade. A pleasant surprise indeed and I even stayed awake all the way home after that!! (I did however go to bed early and saved my next 1/2 way done book until the next evening! I do love summer and the chance to read!)
No comments:
Post a Comment