Friday, July 17, 2009

You are my...



Sunshine.

Mommy made a second dress this week to take advantage of the THREE hours of daily VBS. This dress only took me about 4 1/2 hours, versus the 12 hours of last time. Good learning curve, OR great teacher!! Either way, Ady loves the new dress, she picked the fabric combination. polka dots and flowers, very cute.

Later in the day, she sliced strawberries for daddy's favorite ice cream. I use an egg slicer for this task, it worked great for her little fingers. I cut the stems off, and she sliced the whole pile...great work little one!!

The strawberry ice cream recipe goes something like this (with a bit of flexibility)
3 cups of milk (I have been using rice milk, but have also mixed goat milk, and coconut milk)
1 cup of sugar (usually 1/3 c. corn syrup or, 1/2 c white sugar, and 1/2 c. splenda)
1 cup berries, sliced and diced.
1/2 T vanilla
maybe an egg yolk or two.(supposed to make it creamier, I haven't really noticed, I think I'd have to up the number quite a bit, and don't want to...)

mix all, pour into ice cream maker (I have been using my little one with the frozen bowl which is very handy as I just keep it in the freezer between recipes.) takes about 20-30 minutes to freeze. Put in container and in freezer, allow to freeze a couple more hours.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

DuVal Family said...

I'm glad she likes it. It looks like maybe it fits better too this time. :) The egg slicer for strawberries is brilliant!

Andee said...

So I know you don't do milk, but it might work with rice milk too: mash about 4 cups berries and run them through a seive to get the sees out. Combine with 2 cups milk or buttermilk and 2 cups sugar. Freeze in a 9x13 pan until solid, then run it through the blender. They call it sorbet, but it turns out more like a smoothie. Yummy.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin