Saturday, July 11, 2009

swim lessons



The kids have made it through three weeks of swim lessons, and so has mommy. I am glad to be done! everyday for three weeks. They have improved A LOT though. Caiden can go the bottom and retrieve the dive toys. Ady can swim/float on her back and doggy paddle. Caiden jumps with confidence and they both LOVE it! We are done with lessons for this summer. Maybe next year when they are a bit stronger and Ady is taller, they can move onto the next level, which would get them advanced enough to swim across the pool using a real stroke. They spent the afternoon playing with friends at the pool yesterday and had a grand time. They stayed until everyone was shivering and ready to be dry, have a snack and head over to the slides.



We promised the kids that if they passed their classes we would take them to the waterslides. They did not actually pass, but were very close. Ady only had one skill to work on, Caiden had 2...I think Daddy may overlook it and call it close enough. Our three choices are: Emigrant Lake,(2 hours away) Redding (3 hours away), Reno 4 1/2 hours away.

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

Fun! I love outdoor swim lessons. The water parks sound like fun, although not the drive. I just found out about one here in Albany that is tiny, but only $3.

DuVal Family said...

I'm sure there are benefits to each one (like Grandma and Grandpa can come watch). We have been to both Ashland and Redding and it looks like Reno tops them both. But on the other hand maybe you want to leave something bigger and better for them to look forward to.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin