Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our new schedule

School has begun at the Wright House. (I still need an official name for records..any suggestions?)

Here is how we are ordering our morning.

7:00-8:00 wake-up, dress, breakfast

8:00-9:00 computer/play time. Each kiddo spends a half hour at the computer which means Jumpstart. Then a half hour playing outside or upstairs in their room. (this hour is flexible, but the point is that they are self directed, while I get a good start to the day. I have been starting laundry, straightening up and organizing/prepping lunch during this hour.)

9:00-10:00 Bible, Phonics, handwriting.

10:00-10:30 Break/snack

10:30-11:30 Math, free choice reading

12:00 Lunch

1:00-3:00 nap/quiet time

This is our beginning schedule. In another week or so, we will add in history and science. I am in the process of gathering our additional reading resources to begin this study. Plus I have not quite decided where I want to put it in the day. At the moment I am thinking that it will go in the afternoon since that is the time that we usually go outside and go for walks and do "other" things, and so it would blend well into our existing routine.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin