Tuesday, August 11, 2009

shimy shimy shimy

And the shimming has been done. They look great don't they?? Actually they get cut off flush with the rest, I was able to snap a picture before these became gonners. Kevin shimmed from the inside (as in under the house) and Uncle Jerry shimmed from the outside, I missed the synchronized hammer routine...bummer.




Sheetrock, tape and texture has begun on the marriage lines. Marriage lines are where the parts of the house are bolted together. It is exciting to see this stage happen because it covers up the portability factor nicely and it is beginning to resemble a home.





The issue with the floor got a beginning of a fix this week, by bracing big metal bars to the underside of the floor joists to pull them straight back to where they should be, which is taking the humps out of the inside floor. yippee. The kitchen got finished and I think the guest room (which was the worst of the two areas) was worked on yesterday

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

I am so excited for you! I can't believe it is getting done in the middle of a farmer's summer. Amazing. You guys must be very busy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin