Do it yourself for others project for January. The project is to make fleece blankets for Hospice. I got 2 yards of fleece at Walmart, which makes 2 blankets. I explained to the kids what the plan was and they got excited to begin.
I am hoping to donate the blankets locally, but if I don't figure out the details soon, then I will mail them, adding them to a larger collection. I am hoping though that the kids can be a part of delivering them...
To make the blankets,
stack 1/2 yard fabric on top of second piece, cut approx. 4" piece out of each corner, to make for easy corners after making knots.
cut 4 inch strips about 1 inch apart all the way around.
Tie knot in each pair of strips,
Done!!
the kids had fun, (a great way to practice some fine motor skills!)
I got to learn a new NO SEW craft and hopefully our project will be a blessing and comfort to someone else.
Thanks to We are That family for such a great idea this month!!
1 comment:
If the hospice thing doesn't work out, you could try and connect with a pregnancy resource center. They are alway looking for ways to bless moms who need help. ramahinternational.org will give you a list of centers in your area.
Post a Comment