...of a farming family in winter!
Ahhh...we have been enjoying the company of our farmer this month. Winter is so very nice in this way. We get lots of time with Kevin. We get to take long walks, and take short trips, and we get to enjoy some of his cooking as well!
Last week was just a nice week. We got lots of school time in, as well as daddy time. We got to go a few places, which my camera was oddly absent, and so I am wracking my brain trying to remember what all we did!
The week started with some valentine books which inspired lots of cutting out of hearts. Even though many of them look like footballs and eggs, by the end of the day, they had kind of gotten it and the shapes were looking more heartlike. They each have stashed a pile in their rooms for later...I'm thinking we may need to do more with them this week.
Jujitsu last week was probably our favorite week so far...although I could barely walk two days later! It was also the hardest class so far! Both kids though fully participated and had a great time. We were learning to fall and roll. For elastikids, getting off the ground so many times in such a short space of time doesn't seem to phase them. I, on the other hand am not such great friends with the floor, and so it was a bit harder to keep climbing up without using my hands (they are supposed to stay in "block" or fighting position all the time). I did get to see Ady take down her brother though, which was probably worth all the work I was doing trying to do a forward roll (and get back up before being "attacked").
I got to teach two friends how to knit this week. So much fun to share a hobby! It has also encouraged me to continue working on my current hat project. I spent some time online and found the sweater that I dearly want to knit. what do you think? I need to find yarn. Our local yarn store is closing soon, and I want to get in there to enjoy the liquidation prices. Although I'd rather pay the full price and keep the store, what a treasure they are and sooo full of knowledge and help!
My hubby has been busy over the last few weeks helping our pastor set up a revival tent. We are excited about God's work in the Basin and about possibilities. There are some awesome things happening among churches in the area. They are working together beautifully and we do believe the spirit is getting ready for some awesome work here! Pray for the Harvest!
Over the weekend, we took the kids to grandma and grandpa's for a day visit. While we were over there, we took them roller skating. This is where I especially wish I had taken my camera. Kevin and I skated as well and we managed to stay vertical the whole time, I really thought I would fall at least a dozen times! We left the kids mostly to themselves to cling to the wall and find their own center of gravity. They had GREAT attitudes and were sad to leave at the end of the session! They each developed their own style. Caiden uses a bit of the old man shuffle skate, Ady uses a shimmy shimmy style, both seem to be working for them and they were able to free themselves from the wall by the end of the day. I am really proud of how they handled the falls and getting up again. The only time we had tears was when it was time to go!
Next week we will be on vacation and the kids will get to try out their newly found balancing on the ice. Hopefully their day on quad skates has been a good introduction for ice skating, I am looking forward to it!
2 comments:
That sweater is very cool and unique. I'll look forward to seeing it when it's done. :)
How brave of you to skate. We went skating a week or so ago. I have to sadly say, I chickened out.
Sounds like you had a great week. :)
Post a Comment