Tuesday, June 8, 2010

getting crafty!



After finishing my quilt last week, I have left my sewing machine up and have found several quick projects.  First a pirate hat got almost ruined by the puppy, after a minute on the machine, it was usable again!  Two weeks ago, we would have just thrown it away.  Ady had a pair of beloved sparkly butterfly jeans that I had patched with iron ons, which were now curling and ugly, the jeans were also getting a little short.  I knew they could have another life, if I got a little courage.  After reading several how to's about turning jeans into skirts, I finally experimented.

I think I did pretty good for a novice and without anyone standing over my shoulder!  Ady seems pleased, which is what really matters.

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

Love this idea! And it is nice and long. Seems like all the little girl skirts are so short these days. You probably already know this trick since you have an older boy, but I recently started buying boy's shorts for my girls. They are long and the same price as the skimpy girl ones. You've inspired me, maybe I'll sew some cute hearts on them or a band of girly fabric around the bottom.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin