I've gotten a little "soft in the middle". I never could/did lose my first round of baby weight. I'm now in my mid 30's and obviously my metabolism is changing. Diabetes runs in my family. I am prone to hormonal headaches. I don't want to be fat. I really really want my cute jeans to fit without a muffin top. However, I don't like to sweat. Lots of reasons to do something about the pudge!
I was looking for something to help me "jumpstart" a weight loss. I feel like I know quite a bit about nutrition but seldom follow through in the long run. I do cook lots and lots from scratch; I would say that our diet is fairly healthy. However, it does contain quite a bit of milky, cheesy, sugary, fatty tasty foods, and so....a kick start is needed. During my lovely girls weekend at Women of Faith there was a booth for Advocare. My BFF and I got "roped in" and are now up for the challenge.
I also need to be moving my BEhind more....I am trying... this mostly consists of walking more. I have pilates and yoga discs that could be beneficial, but...did I mention already that I do NOT like to sweat? could be a problem...
24 day Advocare challenge
During the first 10 days, the focus is on fiber and a cleanse. I am supposed to try for 8-10 fruits/veggies a day. (ha! I'm usually lucky to get 2!!) Also supposed to avoid white flours (bread, reg. pasta, cookies!) and sugars!
day 1-3:
fiber drink before breakfast
afternoon Spark Energy drink
cleanse tablets before bed
day 1 food
breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, tomato slices
lunch: vegetable soup (with textured vegetable protein added), corn chips
dinner: chicken salad sandwich on multi grain bread, tomato slices
snack: banana
total veggie servings....4
day2 food (began substituting stevia for sugar in coffee)
breakfast: canned peaches, lowfat cottage cheese
snack: soy chips, 1 c. v8
lunch: vegetable soup, tuna steak, wasa rye crackers
dinner: 2 wasa crackers with bruschetta, two slices deli chicken, 1/2 c. v8
snack: banana
total veggie servings....6.5 (How will I get 1.5 MORE????)
day 3 food:
breakfast: scrambled eggs with lowfat cottage cheese and salsa, 1 slice multi-grain toast with elderberry jam.
lunch: vegetable soup, 3 maza crackers
snack: 1c. v8
dinner:Whole apple with peanut butter, soy crisps
snack: fresh homemade unsweetened applesauce, cottage cheese, 1 c. v8
total veggie servings....8!!!!! :) ( I have no idea what I would do without v8!)
3 day summary:
I have eaten very different for the last three days, much more fruits and veggies than normal. Cutting out most bread is challenging. I LOVE LOVE LOVE bread and crackers and chips....ergh! But, I am doing well, and have made a few things that I haven't made in the past. I am focusing more on protein and veggie/fruit than on carbs. I honestly haven't felt as hungry as I normally do. I have been more intentional with snacks. I am not normally a big snacker, but making myself eat healthy snacks is helping me eat less at meals...maybe there really is something to eating five small meals a day! :)
What is also really really interesting is that my acid reflux is WAY better! I haven't taken any medication or TUMS...how cool is that?
1 comment:
Good for you! Weight loss is really difficult because it requires motivation AND momentum. When you lose either, everything just stops. I heard the other day that our bodies have "weight memories." The challenge is to get below the weight your body has been for a very long time, once you do, you'll start feeling the momentum.
PS This from me who is still working on the last 8 pounds of 50 after a year of hard work (no results in the last 4 months).
Post a Comment