My little girl is almost 6. We had her family gathering this weekend, a week early to accomodate schedules. For lunch Ady got to request the menu. She chose Mashed potatoes, bacon, and graham crackers. I added a salad. Interesting choice of bacon as the main dish for lunch...but hey, she's turning six, why not?
Next up were her presents. She enjoyed this time of being the middle of the attention.
The "big" gift of the day was a new bike. She has had two hand me down bikes this year blow out the tires. We are hoping that a new one will hold up to the rigors of farm riding!
Her dessert of choice was pumpkin pie which fortunately Costco is great at making.
I guess I got off pretty easy this year, but considering the efforts that went into turning 5, it was nice to take it easy for 6. Plus it's really not totally over yet. We are hoping to meet with the other half of family sometime soon, and I'm sure we will do something on her actual day to celebrate as well!
And just for a little comic relief, a photo taken by Caiden
No comments:
Post a Comment