weigh in at day 4: LOST 4 pounds!!! :)
You can see days 1-3 here
Days 4-7
Probiotic restore capsules 30 mins. before breakfast
afternoon: spark energy drink on empty stomach
cleanse tablets before bed
day 4 food
breakfast: 1 slice multigrain toast w/minimal butter, over easy egg, tomato slices
snack: 1c. v8, 1/4 c. pumpkin seeds
lunch: homemade polenta with turkey meatballs in spaghetti sauce, steamed broccoli
snack: 1/2 c. applesauce, 1/2 c. cottage cheese
dinner: 1c. veggie soup w/barley, 2 wasa crackers
snack: banana, soy crisps
total veggie servings...8
day 5 food
breakfast: 1c. total raisin bran with 1% milk and sliced banana
snack: 1c. v8 soy crisps
lunch: vegetable soup with barley, broiled polenta
snack: applesauce and cottage cheese
dinner: (at church) chili and corn chips
total veggie servings...6
day 6 food:
breakfast: 2 scrambled egs with salsa
lunch: (Ady's birthday menu) mashed potatoes, bacon, salad
snack: Costco pumpkin pie
dinner: apple with peanut butter, soy crisps
total veggies....5
day 7 food
breakfast: peaches with cottage cheese
lunch: chicken curry with vegetables, brown rice, and tortilla **we are studying India with Sonlights' passport to India project, so curry chicken fit in well. Ady even experimented with eating rice with her fingers as we had seen done on the video. If I would have been better planned we would have made traditional Indian flatbread to go with the meal.**
snack: 1c. v8 soy crisps
dinner: large artichoke (w/mayo)
snack: (at women's bible study) pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap/pecan crust....Thanks Erika!!! :)
glass of 1% milk before bed
total veggies....5
days 4-7 summary
When I got on the scale the morning of day 4 and saw a 4 pound loss, I was soooo encouraged! I am feeling pretty good. Really, I have tried to cut out the white flour and sugar. I am still using stevia in my coffee and that seems just fine. I don't feel as hungry as I thought I would. I think that by focusing on veggies and proteins, I am giving my system better stuff to digest. My blood sugar doesn't seem to be diving all over the place. I did manage to have two desserts in two days, I'm wondering how much that will affect my "weigh in" tomorrow. But, in real life, I eat dessert...and life WILL go on! ☺
I have enjoyed browsing my cookbooks for low fat lean meat recipes. I am actually surprised that after giving up dairy last summer for awhile, that my menus had become quite dependent on cream sauces and cheese. It is a good experience to make other kinds of sauces and "bump up" the veggie count.
There are 3 more days to this stage of the 24 day challenge..so far so good!
No comments:
Post a Comment