Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Fall meant time to fill the freezer up with beef.  Which meant a trip up to Holley Or. to Chucky's Meat Co.  I enjoy the trip because it means a trip to visit Burt and Nonnie at their beautiful home, Fernwood.  They recently purchased property and had made a "new" Fernwood. I was anxious to see the new establishment.  Turns out, it was cuter than I could ever expect!  A lovely A-frame for them, that has a river in the back yard, a guest house for us, a horse for Ady, and plenty of good company!  Nonnie has a posse ride that evening at the fairgrounds, so we got to go along for the ride, enjoying a friendly carriage ride behind a pair of beautiful clydesdales.  Burt brought out his sequay that gets him around the property.  He let me try it out, I couldn't possibly turn that down! After a fit of giggles, I was finally able to maneuver around a bit.  Then Caiden got to try, I dare say he had a bit more confidence than me!

The travel up, means going to Oakridge which has a beautiful rest area with river access and trails to walk, and again, those beautiful fall colors!









Nonnie, sweet Nonnie.  She was my valuable classroom assistant back in "the day" at Sweet Home.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin