Thursday, April 10, 2014
This and That in January
Ady is a good saver of money. She has a bank account and tries to make deposits a couple of times a year. Daddy offered to "match" her in purchasing a kindle fire. She jumped on the chance and we ordered it that night! She is loving the digital books as well as the games and netflix access. It is one item I can usually count on her knowing where it is. (practically a miracle around here!)
My kiddos love to draw, and it is good for them to try out different styles and methods. We have a pile of drawing books and occasionally I get other art books from the library. They each set up their own space today and spent an hour or so being artists.
This is our huge timeline for world history. We aren't as diligent about putting dates on it as we should be, so when we do pull it out, we put LOTS of dates in. Kids are doing some of it, which is great for them to figure out where on the line it goes, plus you can't help but review other dates and events while you plug in new ones. This is a great activity, just wish we pulled it out more often!
This is a common pose in the evening. Kevin relaxing, Ady or Caiden playing games on the computer, and vicar, everyone's best friend, nearby.
A friend of my Mother in law gave me several bags of yarn from her stash. Now I have a large stash! My first project was a fuzzy lavender cowl. My current project is a scrappy shawl. The cat got pretty excited as I sorted the skeins into color groups, I'm pretty sure she was hoping they would all stay and be her friends. Silly Princess!
Caiden loves to go birding. He has been pestering us to take him to the refuge. So, on a Sunday afternoon I finally gave. He and I took a drive around the basin, Eagles were abundant in the refuge. We even got to see a pair eating a fish up on their perch. Here is Caiden trying to get close enough for a good picture with the new camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment