Sunday, January 27, 2008

organizing ady's school work




I wanted to share with those of you that are also teaching your little ones at home how Ady's stuff is organized. (at least this month!)
First...a wipe off 2 month calendar. Each day has a topic or focus..Mondays, Tuesdays, etc.
2nd A folder or activity book for each day. I label the folder with the topic that matches my planned focus for the day. Then on Sunday afternoons, I dig through the big rubbermaid of preschool books and games, and choose things for each folder. On Tuesdays I use her highlights magazine that the grandparents gave her for Christmas..rather than losing it in the stack of papers and books around the house. On Thursdays, We use her sticker book which had been a Birthday Present and makes me accountable for giving her time to work on it, rather than her asking and always being put off until later. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are a little more "academic" and school skill focused. Each day we do a little bit of calendar work similar to what regular classrooms do. Reciting the days of the week, counting up to the current day, talking about the weather.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

What a great schedule! You are so organized.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin