Sunday, January 27, 2008

TV time



We were getting a bit lazy about our TV time. So...I created T.V. tickets (thanks Tami!) I put a Diego sticker on Caidens tickets and a Dora sticker on Adysons tickets. Then covered them with contact paper so they couldn't take the stickers off, and so they might last a little longer. The tickets renew each week. They are not earned (at least not yet) and they aren't taken away (yet) Once they are gone, they are gone for the rest of the week. Each are given 7, 30 minute tickets and 1 movie ticket. They always watch their stuff together, so really each gets double what they are given. Last week was the first week and it went great. They understood that they needed to have a ticket in order to turn the TV on. I expected to hear lots of crying on Caiden's part before the week was up because he was spending his pretty liberally. However, thanks to the generosity of his sister, she easily handed tickets over to him...she had lots left...So, I think I will need to tweak the rules about sharing in order to begin reaching the heart of the matter with dear Caiden. I am hoping that this process will bring us to a beginning understanding of earning money and spending frugally....once they begin to value the t.v. ticket that is. (as well as not taking TV time for granted)

2 comments:

Gottfredsen said...

Looks great I may have to try that with my boys. Thanks for the idea.

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Oooh I like that. I will haev to try that.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin