The kids have Valentines parties today. Thankfully the teachers have scheduled for AFTER lunch. Unfortunately they are at the same time, so perhaps hubby will join me in the celebrations. They are only a half hour, also a good thing. We are taking homemade lemonade to Caiden's party. They are both excited to finally see inside their goody bags.
I have pretty fond memories of valentine's parties in school. Except for that one boy that tried to kiss me each year. He always got a sound kick in the shin for it too! Other than that, I loved the day of exchanging cute cards and getting heart candies, not to mention all the pink and red everywhere.
Hubby has already spoiled me this year. I got two live flowering plants and a new coffee maker! Then we'll try for a movie in a couple of days while we visit my parents. Hopefully Pink Panther 2. If you have kiddos in school, I hope they enjoy their class parties, and that this weekend is a nice time for the family.
I picked up an Adventure Bible for our kiddos to give them tomorrow. A youth bible with a safari theme with lots of questions and applications. Hopefully this will encourage us to be better at reading and teaching through the Bible so we can more consistently teach about the love of God and how it affects our whole lives.
I also printed a bunch of valentines activities from here I printed mazes, and cryptograms and a book to make and read. (I even splurged and used the color printer) I think that will make for a fun Valentines morning tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment