My camera has not been very busy lately. With Kevin gone most of last week, I guess this single mommy wasn't into snapping pictures!
On Friday we had a sleepover with friends and I really thought I would get some cute pictures, the kids had a great time and I loved it. I guess I was too busy visiting with my friend to document their visit. I loved introducing Marcy to Facebook and watching Fireproof, and having lots of girl/mommy talk, I'm sure we solved a few world problems!
Saturday morning found us enjoying a french toast breakfast and saying farewell to our sleepover company, then off to other friends for a couple of hours. Mommy got to drink more coffee and visit with that mommy for the time...what a lovely way to start the weekend! Both of these dear gals are treasured friends in my world. It is so very nice to have a couple of Christian mommies to "compare notes" with, as well as be able to trust my kiddos with once in awhile.
Saturday afternoon: nap. Kevin comes HOME!!! what a sweet event. Then off to church. we really are very excited about this "new" church body and how the Holy spirit is moving in their midst. I believe God has plans for this basin, and I am excited to see what comes.
Sunday, family time in the morning, then off to Medford to visit with my parents and watch Superbowl. The weather was lovely, company great. And how 'bout that game!! (although we could have lived without the trashy commercials...but that's a whole other can of worms right there!) On the way home, the kids watched two episodes of Bibleman.. what a lovely postive bible teaching show! They were totally into it.
Last evening I went to my women's biblestudy. We have now finished this years study, Experiencing God. What is different about finishing this one is that we feel like we are at a beginning with a bit of foundation under us, instead of feeling like we need to start all over. I did this particular study about 10 years ago when I was a totally different person (you know, before marriage, kids, and lots of sleepless nights serving little ones) I would say that it was a "faith changing" study back then, so I wasn't really sure about how it would be a second time through. However, it was everybit as faith changing all over again. It has been revised and updated, but I don't honestly know if I would notice. I keep thinking I might pull my "old one" off the dusty shelf and compare.
I would HIGHLY recommend this study to an individual or a group looking for their next set of materials. It is very challenging, rewarding, and encouraging. If you've ever wondered just how exactly you're supposed to "hear" from God, or recongize when you're supposed to join Him, this is a great place to start.
Now it is Tuesday morning and I am off to substitute in a Kindergarten class. That should burn a few calories(I usually come home hoarse after teaching kinders.)
I hope your day is blessed and enjoyable
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Are you heading over here to visit?? (:
Post a Comment