Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Wednesday!




Caiden is getting a cold. I gave him GSE last night (we call this juice medicine) and again this morning. He said this morning that he didn't feel good enough to go to school. So I explained what the rules are for staying home sick. They are: 1. no extra T.V. 2. have to take a morning nap 3. no candy all day believe it or not, 2 minutes later he had his shoes and socks on and was ready to go to school! Amazing recovery if I do say so myself!

Ady's school time was somewhat focused on seeds. We started with putting glue on the letters of Seed (which I wrote in marker on the paper) then sprinkled daisy seed from our garden onto the letters. I also gave her tweezers to try out on the seed to work on fine motor and finger strength. It didn't work too well for actually putting the seeds where she wanted them, but she did have fun playing in the bowl and squeezing the tweezers. We then read The Giving Tree, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Puss in Boots all of which have seeds or plants in the story.

My seedlings have germinated well so far. I will have to thin a few places out soon...mostly the spots where the little guys put seed, they were very generous!
What's for lunch???beef fajitas and corn pudding

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin