Saturday, February 9, 2008

My week





My week was kind of weird. It started out good. I got some great projects done and spent time teaching Ady. Then a 3 day long migraine hit and the world kind of stopped. I know I did some stuff, but for the life of me, none of it stands out. I have pictures of my time with Ady early in the week, we made two mazes out of blocks for her Dorothy doll. We started with a piece of string as a pattern then put the blocks on both sides of the string to create the maze. I did go to town one day with a friend and that was lovely. Then I worked Friday in Kindergarten and that was a blast...kind of like being at home...lots of books, songs and a few time outs!
Saturday for family fun, we dug my mini greenhouse out of the snow, let it thaw in the kitchen, watched rectangular pieces of ice fall out of each shelf. Daddy glued the plastic pieces together this year--yippeee! We filled three trays with soil, planted seed in two trays....I didn't gather any petunia from the yard this year, so I will have to spend a dollar on those! We planted a mixed batch of seed and Nicotiana. Caiden did a tray and Ady did a tray. Now they are in the greenhouse which is already at 80 degrees by the window! we'll have germination before we know it!
I walked outside to see the state of the muddy hole of a yard. I can finally see the mud aka... flower bed by the house and my brave daffodils are actually sending their first leaves up! I can't believe it! I hope it is a sign that spring is coming!!! Although around here, our hopes can be dashed any day of the year.
What did we eat this week??? hmmm....Tuesday I made traditional lasagna, with green beans and crescent rolls, Wednesday we had left over lasagna with peas and cheesy bread. Thursday slow cooked boneless ribs in Mourlene's yummy BBQ sauce (this is Ady's favorite) with French Rice and Carrots with butter and dill. Friday chile/hot dogs and pudding, Saturday left over ribs, Potatoes au gratin (out of the box) and peas. I did make baked oatmeal and Kevin cut up oranges for breakfast this morning and Caiden had seconds! I haven't made that for awhile and it was a nice change. I put some warm milk in a small teapot so the kids could pour it on their oatmeal, it worked to bring a little more interest!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin