Monday, May 26, 2008

Turtle Bay part 1






I loved Turtle Bay even more this time! We went a couple years ago when both kids were in strollers and drinking out of bottles and wearing diapers. This time, we all hiked in and drank water and icee treats! We hiked in on a great nature trail through oak groves and wildflowers. Ady became enamoured by the legumes and very delicately split the pods for herself and for Caiden. The gardens were in bloom this trip and I adored wandering in them. They were simply beautiful, I had more fun photographing the kids that I didn't get many that do justice for the garden itself. Caiden kept finding monarch caterpillars and he also found the mother load of chrysalids on some big rocks...that boy is a good finder(when he wants to)! Also at Turtle bay are an aviary and butterfly gardens. The weather wasn't quite warm enough and so there weren't lots out, but there were some. We also saw the Bodies Revealed project (and yes, we took the kids, I thought they might giggle less at this stage than in a few more years) If you haven't heard of this. It is a display of bodies, real bodies that have been cut and died to show different functions. Skeletons and arteries and organs. The most fascinating to me were the arteries. There was an entire body of only arteries (I do not want to know how they accomplished this,) but it was completely interesting! The kids only giggled when they saw the pelvic bones and we quickly and quietly told them that was the bum bones, we had to move quickly. I was able to show caiden a heart, lungs and a tongue, I didn't point out what other stuff was and a couple of times I was very vague. We ended the day with the walk in the garden and everyone was very very tired so we headed to the hotel and slept the night away! all in all a great day had by all.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin