Monday, May 12, 2008

weekly unplugged project newspaper






Newspaper... A million and one things that we could do with the stuff! First, I made finger paint for Ady, I pictured her covering the whole table of paper, then turning it all into streamers later....she worked on three sheets but the colors just didn't really show up, plus she really just likes squishing paint between her fingers and mixing colors...so I disposed of that project. Next, made a pom pom and thought they might like that because it involved tape...no interest. Lastly, I set three baskets out and we crinkled the paper into balls to toss into the baskets. This was a huge success. We threw paper for awhile, then we gathered and tossed again, then they started hoarding it and throwing big batches at each other which made the most fun of all. Finally, they squished it all in baskets and sat on it. All in all, a fun time had by all.

5 comments:

Michie said...

Too funny - I also found that sometimes the simplest things are the most fun for my daughter when doing this theme. :) They look like they are having a blast!

Pam said...

I love the paper tossing game. It looks like the kids are having a great time.
Pam
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/hip2schoolathome

morningstar said...

How fun! When my kids were little we made "paper snowballs" and had snowball fights.

Anonymous said...

Simple almost always turns out to be best, doesn't it? Why can't we adults learn that lesson too? Life would be ...well...simpler!

It looks like they had a lot of fun! Thanks so much for joining in!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

The simple things are the most fun. Zachary would have loved throwing the newspaper balls. Hey, it's great for their fine motor skills to make into a ball, right? LOL

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin