It has taken me all week to work up to this project. Ady and I were up first this morning, so I decided that my quiet coffee time would be better spent weaving ribbon than watching care bears...again. And so, I dug out what few ribbons I have..some are from when I was a pack rat child :) While it was just Ady and I she was perfectly content to make pendants for necklaces...I saw this on crafty crow a couple of weeks ago.
When the boy awoke and joined us everything changed. Of course at first, he didn't want to do any of it. Then he decided that the sequins would be a good necklace (without the weaving part of course) then it made a good jump rope. Next he found the curling ribbon and made long strands to bounce with the curls. Ady by now was fascinated by Caiden's other ideas. She now wanted to strip the curly ribbon and then she made a fishing pole out of pipe cleaner and shiny ribbon. Finally, I had managed to hot glue the four pendants we did make and she was willing to pose with one.
2 comments:
That is lovely! It's funny how boys and girls approach projects so differently isn't it? BTW, I was pleased to hear that you were a child packrat too. Many of the buttons we used for our ribbon project were ones that I had saved as a child too! Thanks for joining in, and I'm glad your children had fun!
I don'k know about you but I really like it when only one child is awake. :)
Post a Comment