Did you catch the the kids got shots on Saturday? Ady ended up sick yesterday. She wouldn't even go into the kids class at church (Have I mentioned we are looking for a new church home? so for her not to go in does not give us good info!) Then we dragged her around town and she did not eat lunch.
Last night she was miserable...kept complaining of her tongue hurting. I figured she bit it, or burned it, then I thought maybe it was a reaction to the flue shot. I gave her motrin, benedryl, tylenol (not at the same time...do you think I'm crazy?) I gave her ice to suck on. While she was in bed whimpering I went on line. Sore blistery tongues did not appear to be a side effect of a flu shot. I did find mention of hand-foot-mouth disease. A viral infection among toddlers. NOT to be confused with hoof and mouth disease!
So, after a long night for the little girl, I called the doctor this morning. He told me what I had already found out. Tongue blisters are not a side effect of the flu shot, or any other shot. She has not been eating sour candy or much citrus. He said there have been a few hand-foot-mouth cases lately. (I did kindly suggest he wash the toys in the waiting room) LOVELY. So, she's not to go to school today. If it seems better she can go tomorrow and I'm to watch for fever spikes. LOVELY.
I was going to go to town today and finally drop off our piles of library books, movies and resource boxes, and go to lunch with Kevin. I guess I am staying home now to do laundry, disinfect toothbrushes, and I am thinking about trying a krispy creme donut recipe. Ady is watching Sesame Streeet in a subdued benedryl state. Maybe I will be productive? Assuming the blisters don't spread to the feet and hands...in that case, I will put on a disney flick and curl up with my little one on the couch and laze the day away! :)
1 comment:
I vote for the last one. Only make the donuts first. You still gotta eat!
Post a Comment