As parents, we have mixed feelings about Halloween. We don't want to celebrate ghosts and goblins and enjoy scaring others.
Have you heard about another explanation of jack-o-lanterns. (outside of scaring evil spirits away.)
When we accept Jesus as our savior (John 3:16) He cleanses our insides from sin. Then he gives us a new face/identity, and we receive the holy spirit who shines through us.
I like this.
And so we went to school in costume and to the harvest party with happy hearts. The kids made out like bandits with buckets of candy and prizes. Ady even won a cake in the cake walk which she wanted for breakfast! You may notice the costume change by Ady. Caiden was going to change before the evening event, but decided against it.
2 comments:
Christians are always good about warping others beliefs into fitting their own beliefs. Quite a talent!
I love Adys change of costumes. I too have mixed feelings about Halloween. I did not grow up withit but do think it is fun to dress up and get candy. I am not too fond of focusing on ghosts and goblins and witches. We do just the basic and have fun with it.
Post a Comment