Saturday, April 10, 2010

expanding our family


We are going to pick up this little guy next week.  He will be about 9 weeks old.  We are TOTALLY excited about it.  We are hoping that he will be a great brother for Anslow, and a good overseer of the kids.  We have not come to any conclusions for a name yet....we are open to suggestions!  Some current suggestions are: Mater, Vicar, Adam, Richard. He comes from here.  He is a rough coat collie...like Lassie.  We have been reading and watching Lassie stories this week, as well as reading and watching about dog training.  The kids are big enough this time around to be a part of the process.  We still need to move the crate up and get a "doggie" area set up.  And we need to get him his own set of bowls...at least to start off with.  Having a second dog around should prove interesting, but I think we are up for the challenge!

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

So sweet. Puppies are really cute. Emma is begging us for a dog. And then I told her she would have to pick up the poop in the yard and I've delayed this big step. I do really like the idea of having a dog to watch out for the kids and the house.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin