Sunday, April 25, 2010

Vicar: week 1

We have had a GREAT week with our new puppy: Vicar.  What a strange name, right?  If you are familiar with Keeping up Appearances  then you already know that our first dog, Anslow, is named after a character in the show.  So, we were brainstorming other names from that show for this pup.  One choice was Richard, which just didn't seem quite right.  And so Vicar was on the table.  I looked up the meaning and fell in love with it.  Vicar means to be a representative.  And since I am hoping Vicar will pal around with the kids lots and be "my representative" it seemed perfect!
Vicar is 9 weeks old in this shot.  He is a total fuzz ball!  He is adorable, has a great nature, really really likes canned food mixed with his dry (I get sung to, as I stir), He loves to run and go with the kids everywhere, he is slowly winning the heart of Anslow (who isn't growling nearly as often at the little guy) He also loves to play chase and tackle with princess kitty, who doesn't seem to mind: what fun!  The kids have watched hardly any T.V. this week due to many many walks with the puppy, and I LOVE that!!  I would MUCH rather they play with him and go for walks, than sit around watching T.V.  I am thoroughly pleased with this little guy and am looking forward to seeing my kiddos love him for years to come!
His first bath...a group effort.  He was pretty stinky from his travels home, since he apparently gets carsick!  He did well, and I heard much laughter as they dried him off!

1 comment:

TheWrights(: said...

AWWW!☺ I can't wait to see him!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin