Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Science: Body Parts

For the last several weeks we have been learning about our bodies.  Last week at the resource center in town I scored another cool box about our body.  It is chock full of pictures, an x-ray, tons of diagrams with moving parts.  It had a great lesson plan book as well with blackline masters for all kinds of anatomy work.  We aren't too keen on using tons of worksheets. (If we wanted to look just like regular school, we'd go there!)  But I did photo copy the large body and body parts.

We colored those today and used them to match where some of our major organs go.  Inside the cool box was also a vinyl vest with velcro body parts.  The kids were pretty excited about this piece of fun.  They took turns and "stuck it to each other" with great big smiles.  How cute is that!


And so, another Friday science day has been had, I think we may be done with this part. Next, we will either do a few weeks of nutrition, or move into plants.  Since it is still snowing and freezing here weekly, we probably will do nutrition.  I did score a cool box of plastic food from the Resource center, so stay tuned to find out what happens next...

If you missed my other posts about learning about our bodies, you can use these links:
TGIF
Senses
Sight

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin