Friday, January 14, 2011

Fun Friday

Today was a great day.  First of all, I am almost through with a second round of antibiotics and am FINALLY feeling almost normal!!!!  After three weeks, I am pleased! Ady is also on the mend, blessings indeed!
After a nice night's sleep, we had a nice breakfast of creamed egg on toast. The kids helped, I should have taken pictures, but sometimes I would rather live in the moment than plan blog posts! Caiden helped with the sauce, Ady peeled and diced eggs.  This is their favorite breakfast so getting them to help is easy!
Next the kids went on a visiting errand with daddy. I stayed home to clean the floors.  They were gone long enough for me to get the floors done and for them to dry! 
When they got back they worked on spelling and copywork, while I made pumpkin scones which turned out nicely.
Then Erika called and said that we could probably see a calf born today if we went over, OF COURSE WE WILL!  I bagged up our math work and finished reading lessons, then we headed over.
The kids played with her kiddos, we ate mac and cheese for lunch (yummy!) then did math. Then we fed cows and waited for the momma cow to deliver. (oh, and the mommies talked nonstop!)
Soon it was time, and we got to see the whole thing! It was so neat to witness this lovely event. I wasn't sure what kind of conversations it might lead to, so far, nothing too serious. I love that they are being exposed to childbirth through animals, lovely!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin