I do enjoy cooking. I have been trying different recipes a little more often lately. Today's menu was Wonton soup (never made before) lumpia with sweet and sour (family favorite) and chop suey over noodles.
Making the wontons for the wonton soup was first.
Put those in the fridge for later, and next up is assembling the lumpia. I didn't get a picture of them before cooking, but they were the first to be cooked, because they can warm in the oven without loosing too much of their crispy goodness.
Next was to boil the noodles and open the can of chop suey (cheating, but lots easier!)
while the noodles cooked, I got the wonton soup going, which meant boiling the broth and dropping in the wontons.
Then adding the bokchoy, mushrooms and green onions
Cooking for a few more minutes, while I wait for the farmer to arrive for lunch :)
Meanwhile the noodles have finished cooking and I have rinsed them in cold water to avoid mushy noodles. All that is left is to reheat the noodles in a little soy sauce and finish heating the chop suey.
Everyone ate and we have leftovers and it was all good!
No comments:
Post a Comment