Next, grandpa and daddy took the kids back to their place (I think they watched bull riding) while mom and I went to do a little shopping. We started at my favorite outlet store, Bass. Unfortunately long pants seem to not be as popular, so I was out of luck, they only stock short and regular...oh the days of long pants!! Next we went to a Goodwill in White City, they have great stuff. I found a couple pairs of pants (nice and long!) and a coat. Then on to the local mill for some multigrain bread flour and loose leaf tea...love this place! If you time it right you can even watch them grind a variety of grains and get a nice education!
Then back to their house to do a little crafting. I chose to bring supplies to make stained glass hearts. We shaved crayons, spread them on wax paper, ironed it to melt, cut them into hearts and tied yarn on to them. Now grandma has a few decorations to begin her Valentine decor!
Then we took a walk to the nearby park. The sun was shining and the temperature was almost 60 degrees! The kids loved getting out for a bit and I got some nice shots of their beautiful faces!
Then we played dominoes and the kids watched a movie, then onto home for a late arrival and a bit of sleeping in! What a great family day! Now back to the "grind", with haytrucks to load and schoolwork, and housework. Yet in the middle of it, I plan to find God's peace and quiet and to enjoy our moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment