Thursday, January 27, 2011

weekend pleasures

Friday night I made a hot wheat bag.  It consists of a muslin bag stuffed with whole wheat from the local granary, then sewn into four chambers. I wanted it big enough to go across my shoulders. Then I made a "pillow case" from some scrap flannel, and voila! a great therapy bag for aches and pains.

Ady started her Saturday morning out by sewing a therapy bag of her own. This time I didn't do an inner bag, I thought getting one bag with her would be enough sewing. She did well. She sat on the chair in front of me at the machine, pushed the peddle and fed the fabric and ironed. She also stuffed the wheat, which she had done for mine the night before. We also sewed two chambers into hers to keep the wheat from shifting too much. She loves it and was very proud.




Next up, homemade pizza. love that stuff!



Then onto crafts.
Daddy and Caiden went to the wood shop with plans of building a boat. Caiden wanted to build a big pirate ship, Kevin was thinking more of a tom sawyer raft....What they ended up with looks great, and all I had to do was sew a sail. I had some scrap fake vinyl stuff, one seam and trim and voila! a finished boat!

Ady wanted to build a birdhouse with popsicle sticks. I had to look up directions on line, I'm not quite as creative as my farmer, but I can follow directions. Ady built the seven walls, and I got to do some creative gluing to get them to fit together.



Sunday while we were in town we picked up some gloss spray paint and put a couple of coats on the birdhouse on Monday.


She wants to hang it outside in the spring, but first wants to use it for a polly pocket house, silly girl!

Next up was pie eating with friends to celebrate National Pie Day. I didn't get any pictures, although there were plenty of opportunities, I guess I was just enjoying all the pie goodness!  We ended up with pumpkin, chocolate, lemon meringue, and peach, yum yum yum! kids played beautifully together, and the adults even got to play some chicken foot dominoes. A lovely weekend at the Wright house!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin