Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The firsts


First day of school for the year. First day for BOTH of my kiddos to attend school. First day to drop them off at two different places. First day for mommy to go to town during school hours...alone! yippeee!!!! the kids had a great morning and took great naps. So, it is official, my small blessings will not be spending nearly as much time with me. To go from 12 hours of full time parent duty to 6 is going to be interesting.

Will I be content with the influences and academics they will be getting? Will I be able to make the most of our few hours together each day? I think I will be even more restrictive of T.V. time. considering that after their nap, I only have 4 hours with them to train up, enjoy, discipline, feed, bathe...etc etc. Will I be able to cram 12 hours of loving care into 4??? Will ANYONE understand what makes them tick at all??? Will they whine there too???

Will I know how to cook and clean without a million interruptions??? Will I be more "productive" or less???
Much to be seen over the year and years to come. What an interesting journey.

2 comments:

Andee said...

Will they whine there too? I love that one. And I wonder that all the time. Kepp careful track of all this. I'm not far behind you on this road, and I'm already scared to death!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

I am nervous this afternoon as it will never be the same. I feel the exact same way but yet happy to have a peaceful house for a few hours. Ahhh.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin